My name is Nick. I live in a small town. Our town is not very big. Not all the streets of our town are long and wide. But they are green in summer with a lot of trees and flowers. On Saturdays and Sundays there are a lot of people and cars in the streets. The people of our town do the shopping.
We can see a lot of people in the parks in our town. In spring and summer there are a lot of grannies and little children in our "Children's Park". Grannies usually sit or walk. And their little grandchildren like to play balls, ride small cars, run and jump. This park is the best place for our children.
In summer, when it is hot, the people of our town like to go to the river. It is not very long and wide, but it's warm and clean. There is a bridge across the river. Next to the river there is a large field. In summer it is yellow and very beautiful.
Some houses in our town are big and tall. But there are small houses too. And they have got small gardens with apple trees and flowers.
There are four schools in our town. My friend and I go to school number four. We are good friends and good pupils. In winter we like to skate in the park and ski in the field not far from the forest. We like our school and our town.
I. Choose the sentences that you read in the text.
1) Our town is not very big.
2) Our town is very big.
3) They are green in summer with a lot of trees and flowers.
4) They are green in spring with a lot of trees and flowers.
5) This park is the best place for our people.
6) This park is the best place for our children.
7) There are some schools in our town.
8) There are four schools in our town.
II. Answer the questions.
1. When are there a lot of people and cars in the streets?
2. What is there across the river?
3. What do the children do in the park?
4. What do the children like to do in winter?
Read the text and do the tasks.
Molly lived in a big city. She wanted a bike very much. But she didn’t have the money to get one. The Bike Shop was in the street where Molly lived. Every day Molly went to the Bike Shop. She helped the owner of the shop whose name was Mr Lucky. She cleaned the floors, dusted the things there. Mr Lucky and Molly became good friends. One morning Mr Lucky gave Molly a present. It was a red bike with her name on it!
I. True or false.
1. Molly lived in the country.
2. The owner’s name was Mr Goodman.
3. She cleaned the floors, dusted the things there.
4. Mr Lucky was angry with Molly.
II. Choose the correct item according to the text.
1. Molly lived_________ .
a) in the country
b) in a town
c) in a big city
2. She wanted ____________ .
a) a doll
b) a pet
c) a bike
3. She helped _______ .
a) her mother about the house
b) her granny in the garden
c) the owner of the shop
4. Every day Molly went_______ .
a) to the park to play with her friends
b) to the Bike Shop
III. Read and put the events in the right order.
a) One morning Mr Lucky gave Molly a present. ______
b) She helped the owner of the shop. ______
c) Molly lived in a big city. _____
d) She wanted a bike very much. ______
e) She didn’t have the money to get a bike. ______